Tuesday, September 16, 2008

MUSIC

We did a room swap recently with the boys. In the process, dug up some cool books. One of them was a book of music poems named, You Give Love a Bad Name after the Bon Jovi hit. The cover is red with a big heart on it. I bought it for Elijah about a year ago since he likes music so much. It was cool and cheap at the time, now it has lost its luster.

Until.... Naomi finds it! This is the new "it" book. She has brought it to school and we must read it every night, if I can sing the song, that only makes it better. Of course now that I am reading the poems over and over I am wondering if this stuff isn't a little advanced for my baby. It is amazing what we hear and never really understand.

Music has always had that effect on me. I may not understand the words but I know it moves me. I hope I don't scar Naomi out with this book. It was bought with good intentions but not necessarily for a 6 year old.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Naomi is so much like her mother!
Love every moment of it!

Dina said...

Looooove the song. I'm not sure I know all the words....but I remember if I broke up with someone, THAT SONG WAS ALWAYS in my mind!!! hahhahha