Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Only Six more days till Christmas!!!

The cookies are baked (and eaten). The school program has come and gone. We cleaned out old toys to make way for new. I think we are almost ready.

This has been a busy week! Just when I think we have it all together I remember that I forgot something. It is a good thing that we live and work close. I am home room mom for Levi's second grade class. Today they had their complement party. Tomorrow will be the Christmas party. So... I'm in charge of pulling this thing off. I never like to be in front of lots of people no matter what their age. I call other parent as instructed by the teacher to get help. Slow response, now what to do. As usual I try and wait it out to see if they come through. Last minute the calls come in. Now, craft or game, craft or game. Now, I love crafts but I've seen a few come through the door the last couple of days and the thought of me trying to do this by myself was not to promising. So, game it is. Now remember these are second graders, smart but need a little direction. Pin the nose on Rudolph and charades it is! I have to work so I am frantic to get there on time then I remember I have to pick Naomi up in less than an hour! I go in, give it my best. One other parent is there to help and it is a huge success!!! The kids loved the games, we laughed really hard at everyone trying to pin the nose on Rudolph and I was able to get Naomi in time.

I looked back at my opening sentence. This has been a busy week. Today is only Tuesday!!! I am glad that I have this blog so I can keep up with myself. Hopefully Christmas vacation things will slow down and I can relax. I have truly enjoyed myself these last couple of weeks but I could use a break. At least to sleep in would be sooo nice. We'll see, I'm sure I will blog about it!

Christmas program, Levi in the back.
Naomi's new and improved room. She has quite a few dolls and has taken up playing with my old ones.
Out to eat with Joe's parents after a trip to the farm. Crab legs!!!
Levi's new and improved room. As you can tell I let my kids have there own style with a little help from me.
It wasn't as bad a Joe makes it look. I can't believe how much time it takes to make so few cookies! They were gone in minutes. Fun, but I can wait till next year to do them again. Unless, of course someone talks me into it. I'm such a sucker for a sweet face and good attitude.

Happy Holidays to all and God Bless

2 comments:

Dina said...

oh your house is SOOO BEAUTIFUL!!! Do YOU know how to play the drums?? oh I WANNA PLAY...LEVI could teach me!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are your Mother's daughter. I love it when it goes well and I hate it when something goes wrong.

I am soooo looking forward to you all coming home for Christmas.