Tuesday, October 13, 2009

FAMILY REUNION

OK, I finally have a little break after another busy day. As promised, I wanted to write about the reunion. For those of you who missed it, the day after I wrote on FB-Where else can you duck tape your family members, have indecent exposure, and one go to the emergency room? The Family Reunion is the answer! So, one last time, I'm sorry that everyone didn't get to come. You were greatly missed.
At least with this group, we know how to make the most out of a good time. We started with a questionnaire, shared some pictures and some food. Enjoyed the chilly, sun shining day standing around talking and sharing stories. The kids played with each other and on the playground.
Then the excitement started with the call from my sister-in-law Mary Grace. She went for a walk with a couple of the kids and in the process of doing cart-wheels, ripped the seat of her pants out! Now you have to know Mary Grace to realize this is not surprising. Funny, but I have learned anything can happen when she is involved. I have never known her to meet a stranger, or not be able to laugh about things that are funny that you just can't change.

So, there it was. Once everyone was warmed up we decided to play some games. We had tug-of-war and a three legged race. We didn't want to hurt anything after all the excitement. Sam, my nephew had already gone to the emergency room. He ended up with some bad scrapes and bruises but was able to make it back OK.

I think everyone had a great time, and is really looking forward to doing it again soon. I hope we have a bigger turn out next time, but if we don't, we'll keep trying.

Family is so important, I proud to be part of this one!






















































7 comments:

Frankie said...

Hi Kathy, I enjoyed reading about the reunion and seeing all the fun pictures. don't give up on me yet,
maybe I will be there next time.

Frankie said...

looks like you all had a great time,
and what a nice place to have it.<

Dianne said...

You did good!!! My photos are not as good as yours and Suzanne's and Jim's. So glad we have some good photographers in our family.

Dina said...

thanks for sharing Kathy. I believe my favorite picture here, is the last one with your mom & (sam?) falling & laughing.

do u guys have abig thanksgiving??? I would loooove to do that one year, see the leaves & season of something other than same thing all seasons...maybe NEXT THANKSGIVING!!

Dina said...

HOW do you like how I invite myself!! haha

Kathy said...

Dina-I think that is a FABULIOUS IDEA! I will plan on it :). And your not inviting yourself, YOU have an open invitation!

Kathy said...

Frankie-Oh, we're not giving up you! We had too much fun not to do it again!