Monday, October 12, 2009

MEANING.......

My life must have meaning.

I know what I think it is, but at the same time I have no idea.

In the span of two days I had a conversation with a man that told me he saw and had a talk with and Angel. It gave me cold chills and left me wanting to hear more.

Two days later I was having a conversation with a 34 year old man who said he had his wings and was ready to die. In the process, I watched him smoke almost a pack of cigarettes within a couple of hours. This brings a tear to my eye.

I've seen people pitching together to make something work, and I've seen people torn apart by little deliberate actions.

I've learned how to tell my children why I love them.

And it all has meaning.

1 comment:

Dina said...

Wow!! I love hearing these stories...I didn't make it to church yesterday, but watched it on tv and he was talking about how we need to pay attention to the "in between". Our thoughts are always on the goal..(Get to the store, pick up kids..etc.) but because were soo busy focusing on the goal we MISS opportunities IN BETWEEN. Our pastor spoke of a day in the park he had playing his guitar , relaxing. He was ready to leave, when a homeless man stopped him with questions reguarding his music. He got soo focused that he had to be a mid service in an hour, he almost missed the IN BETWEEN to talking to this guy. they played music, talked alot about God, a week later that homeless man was dead. Our Pastor almost missed that meaning of just a "homeless guy" that has nowhere to be...but shared GOD!!! I love meaningful messages.. sorry so looong!!