Tuesday, January 19, 2010

CHRP WEEKEND

First let me start by letting you know what CHRP stands for. It is pronounced chirp and stands for Christ Renews His Parish. Joe did it last year and really got a lot out of it. Once you do it, they ask that you not share too much with those in the parish so that everyone can come in with an open mind and an open heart to get the most out of it. So, that's what I did. I have been wanting to do it for quite some time but as our priest says, "It's never the right time, so just do it". I am very glad I did.

I did want to share one of the songs that we used over and over again, I guess as our theme song. I wasn't able to post it from YouTube ( I have no idea why, but not pleased about it) so I did put the actual song with video on there. But, the words are so nice I want to share them.

FREE TO BE ME by Francesca Battistelli

At twenty years of age I'm still looking for a dream
A war's already waged for my destiny
But You've already won the battle
And You've got great plans for me
Though I can't always see

(Chorus)
'Cause I got a couple dents in my fender
Got a couple rips in my jeans
Try to fit the pieces together
But perfection is my enemy
On my own I'm so clumsy
But on Your shoulders I can see
I'm free to be me

When I was just a girl I thought I had it figured out
My life would turn out right, and I'd make it here somehow
But things don't always come that easy
And sometimes I would doubt

(Chorus)

Any you're free to be you

Sometimes I believe that I can do anything
Yet other times I think I've got nothing good to bring
But You look at my heart and You tell me
That I've got all You seek
And it's easy to believe
Even though

(Chorus)

The letters I received were wonderful and heartfelt, thank you.

The best part is knowing I have a whole new set of friends that I feel like I can call on in times of need. Getting to know women with similar goals and values is nice, and feeling part of a community is all worth it.

2 comments:

Dina said...

I love the words!!! glad you went!! because you were able to share with all of us!! ;)

Kathy said...

I love the words too! If you get a chance, look it up on you tube, you'll love the music that goes with it.

I AM glad I went, my eyes are open to so much more.