Tuesday, January 12, 2010

LOTS OF PRAYERS

I've been busy these last 12 days. Well, really, for this past year. But it's been fun! We started the year off and running and seem to only be gearing up for more good times. With all good times comes a little work. And I've been working.... At the salon, church, school and home. I joined the booster committee at the high school and are part of a big step. It's been huge for me, challenging me in ways I never thought it would. I committed to a spiritual weekend this coming one. It is something I have thought about doing for a while, it just hasn't been the right time. So, in following one of the commitment I made to myself, I would be open to this opportunity. In doing so, I felt the need to share. It seems my blog has been a little neglected which is sad because I really love it. It has given me opportunities to get to know people I would have never known, and record my life as I see it. I like what I see and only want to share more. Everyday something happens that I could share, but time and responsibilities get the best of me so I don't get to share everything that I want.

Today, I am making time. I am working in my office filing papers thinking about this up coming weekend and I run across two things that stick out. Two prayers. Different, but a blessing of faith. Because I enjoyed them so much, I thought I would share.

The first is from my high school. Because I am an alumni, the entire school spends a few moments starting at 8:20 to pray for me and my family. How's that for a blessing?!

The second is A PARENTS PRAYER by Gary Cleveland Myers

O heavenly Father, make me a better parent. Teach me to understand my children, to listen patiently to what they have to say, and to answer all their questions kindly. Keep me from interrupting them or contradicting them Make me as courteous to them as I would have them be to me. Forbid that I should ever laugh at their mistakes, or resort to shame of ridicule when they displease me. May I never punish them for my own selfish satisfaction or to show my power.

Let me not tempt my child to lie or steal...Guide me hour y hour that I may demonstrate by all I say and do that honesty produces happiness.

Reduce, I pray the meanness in me...When I am out of sorts, help me, O Lord, to hold my tongue.

May I ever be mindful that my children are children and I should not expect of them the judgement of adults.

Let me not rob them of the opportunity to wait on themselves and to make decisions.

Bless me with the bigness to grant them all their reasonable requests, and the courage to deny them privileges I know will do them harm.

Make me fair and just and kind. And fit me, O Lord, to be loved and respected and imitated by my children. Amen

Wow! What a prayer. Peace and Love to you all!

2 comments:

Dina said...

AWESOME kATHY!!!! have a wonderful weekend!!!!

Kathy said...

Thank you Dina! I'm going in with anopen mind and a open heart. Hopefully, I'll have some good stories to tell!