Sunday, October 14, 2007

OUT AT THE FARM

With another beautiful day upon us we could not resist a trip to the farm. Of course I forgot my camera! That is why you only get to see one pic, and it was made a year ago about this time but still beautiful. Looking at all my pics I have taken, I think you will be seeing a few more. (Something to look forward to, and that doesn't even include ones that need to be scanned!!)

I mention my camera only because we had SO MANY awesome things to photograph. When we got there Mamaw and Papaw were working on the outhouse (this has been a long time coming). The kids were so excited! They can't WAIT to use it!!! They had also put up a tire swing for the kids which would have been a great pic. So we did a little to help them, went for a walk around the lake and decided to take off to the woods. We figured they could get more work done without the kids hanging around.

So I was already kicking myself for not bringing my camera when we find a turtle in the woods. The kids were having a great time, with a lot of the leaves already on the ground we had lots to look at. We found really cool turkey feathers, another turtle, a baby chipmunk and a SNAKE! Kicking myself even more. I couldn't stand it, we were on our way back to M and P so we HAD to take the snake to show (since we didn't have a pic). I don't think Mamaw even looked at it, but that's when I got my phone and captured the moment. I could stand it no longer. Then I look over and Naomi is in the outhouse (without sides) sitting on the pot. "Take a picture!" So I got one of her too. These may or may not show up in the future. When I put her to bed she requested it with a star over he nakedness (there wasn't any to see) but time will tell.

We had a wonderful, beautiful day. I just had to share it (sorry about the heavy use of parentheses).



3 comments:

Dina said...

sunds like a NATURE filled DAY!!! a snake, a tire swing...ah I wanna come over!

Dianne said...

I'm glad you all had a great day!

Kathy said...

Dina- COME!!! WE ARE READY!!!