Monday, June 02, 2008

THE FAIR

On top of sending Elijah off to Europe, we had the fair this weekend. Some equated it to Christmas, minus Jesus' birthday of course. And for some families, there was a lot more time spent on the fair than the holiday itself.

Because I don't always think things through, but I have a big heart, we wanted to donate the corn hole games. Thanks to Joe's Mom, who bought me an awesome sewing machine, I was able to make the bags in a little over 4 hours! I know I'm slow, but with a highly durable stitch, it was worth it. The bags are super tough.

It took Joe as long to paint the design. Originally we weren't going to have as much detail but it looks so much better with it. Joe also came up with the stamp that we used for the cat's paw. Made from old rubber, glue and some wood it turned out nice.


The finish product really turned out great and was a huge success. I was glad we went for the extra effort and got it done.
My girl.
Levi on the boat. He is the one in the middle on the left side of the dark pole. This was a favorite ride of Naomi's. The both rode so many rides and loved every minute of it.
This reminds me of last year with the Cotton candy. There is always the fair food which consist of funnel cakes and Cotton candy. I was glad PJ , Gregg and Georgia could join us. They brought some friends and a good time was had by all.

I've got some more fair stories to share, but I'll save them for another time.
Peace and Blessings to all.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Wonderful photos! Looks like you all had a great time!

Dina said...

i want to go!!!