Monday, June 16, 2008

JOE'S FATHER'S DAY

After spending the morning at church and hanging out at the pool, Joe could take it no more! He just had to go fishing. I guess all the fishing on our camping trip only fueled the fire burning inside him. Must go fishing, must go fishing...you get the picture.

I don't mind to fish, I just don't have my fishing license. I usually don't go enough to justify getting them. With the kids getting older, I guess it will be something I invest in. That, and a good pair of gloves so I don't have to get worm guts on them! I never mind touching the fish, its the bait all squirmy that I am not so fond of.

Back to the trip. We went to our friends Donna and Vicky's house. Joe has had more luck there than any other place he has fished around town. We get there and the water is up, way up. Poison ivy everywhere and the thought of snakes is on my mind. Joe is not to be deterred from his mission. He plunges right in and the kids follow. I hang back, not able to see the bottom and looking for snakes. Mud is everywhere with little room to sit on the bank. I find a spot and get out the camera. The rest is history.

Notice the water line on Joe's pants in the pictures.


Just getting there. Everyone strikes a pose.
Not long and Levi gets a bite. He is able to reel it in and proof is at the end of the pole. Now Joe is really motivated and moves out a little further to get to the BIG fish.
They're getting bigger.
The Grand Finally. Joe's pants are completely soaked, the big small mouth bass, no snakes, the bugs hadn't started biting so we left while we were ahead.

He was soooo happy. He said that that was the best Father's Day!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I'm glad Joe had a happy father's day. The kids look like they did too!

Dina said...

awesome!! Hey! when a man wants to fish....he's gotta fish! Good job. the kids look like they had fun.