Friday, February 13, 2009

SOME THINGS YOU MIGHT SEE on a really cool farm

I took some pictures the other day at Joe's parents farm. We got there mid afternoon, so there wasn't a lot of time to spend walking around but we made the most of it. We stayed long enough for the sun to go down and the full moon to emerge. It is hard to get some shots with a small point and shoot camera but I think my canon does a great job. It is small enough that I am able to bring it anywhere, so at least I get the picture. Looking off the back porch. The utility pole will be gone when the work is done so the view will be spectacular.
Does anyone recall a movie this look was based on???? I see where nightmares come from.

Just a little example of what the ice storm does in the forest.

My husband showing his brute strength. He can take on an old tree anytime!


Something you don't see everyday. This is an old log that has seen better days.

Where tree frogs might lay their eggs, natures own swimming pool.


I see a doughnut, what do you see?

Art sculpture made by God.


Not quite sure what to think of this. Any ideas for a name???


I love the way the light shines through, it is truly a work of art.
Later that evening, when the pictures were plugged into the computer, Joe commented that he had not seen hardly anything that I had captured. We were in the same area, only he went ahead and I kept seeing really cool things to take pictures of. I have a whole collection of moss pictures if anyone is interested.
One thing that I noticed, how much beauty you can find if you just look for it. From the beautiful sunrises to the glorious sunsets, and everything in between. Listening to the water flow, the leaves crunch, and the animal scamper it makes for a wonderful day.
Because you KNOW I will be listening to kids screaming, dogs barking, and the sounds of the indoors soon enough!
Thanks Mamaw and Papaw for sharing your really cool farm with us, we love it!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

You do have a wonderful eye for beauty. It is always there, some of us have more trouble seeing it than others. You have a special gift. Enjoy it and share it.

Frankie said...

The beauty of our earth always
takes my breath. your woodsy pictures are great!