Tuesday, November 13, 2007

THE DOORS ARE OPENING

I just wanted to show you how seriously my boy was taking this. He is standing up straight, paying attention, and looking sharp. He makes me proud.
It's hard to tell just how big this was, but it was BIG. This is for the All State Choir, something like the championship game for sports. He is in the second to last full bottom row, far left. The ask us not to record but that we would get a professional copy when they were completed. I can't wait to see it! It was BEAUTIFUL!!!



I just wanted to let you in on some recent fun we have been having. Watching Elijah spread his wings. Thanks to his good friend William, he entered choir a few years ago. Never confident enough to REALLY sing, we spent a few years watching him barely move his mouth. His teacher was always complimentary of him, we just never saw it. So, when it came time to en role in school, he said he wanted to sing in the choir. I was sceptical, but never let on because I am a believer that you can do any thing you put your mind to. And has he ever!




When I went in for the teacher conference, his teacher told me that Elijah was such an asset that if it was possible, HE would pay Elijah's tuition just to teach him. WOW!!!




At his latest concert, the one that kids from all over the state try out to be in, his former teacher came up to me and commented on how Elijah had really grown as a performer. She also said that his current teacher had been bragging on him!




The last bit of news came yesterday when after his private lesson the girl told him, if he continues to sing as well as he does, he will get a free ride to just about any college he wants to go to! I don't know if that is true, but I love the encouragement. It's one thing when mom says how good you are doing. It's totally different when the respected teachers tell him. I hope and pray he is listening and takes it to heart. This is the concert that they gave at school a few weeks ago. He is in the center, next to the girl.





This is extreamly short but the best I could get. I am hoping to get a real video camera soon.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

WONDERFUL! ! ! !

Dina said...

THAT IS SOOOO COOL!!!!! MAN A SCHOLARSHIP IS THEE BEST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN ( to everyone!)

I'd be soo proud too.