Friday, November 30, 2007

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S FRIDAY






WOW!!! This week has flown by. I truly thought I would have a moment to blog, but with work and lots of running around with things to do, this is the first moment I have had. And I really should be doing the dishes, but they can wait. The kids are playing quietly and Joe is at an appointment, so this is it.

I want to start by saying Mom got to share most of the good pics from thanksgiving. Which is fine. I just want to add a story to a couple of them. The story is about the Shrek hat and the tiara. Molly ask my Dad to get up early Thurs. morning to stand in line for a w ii. Since apparently I feel the need to be tortured I volunteered to go with him. We set our alarms for 5:15 in hopes of getting there at 5:30. The only catch was my cell phone was not set to auto update, so I was a hour early. I didn't notice until I had already woke Dad up, sorry! At least we got an early start!! Not quite early enough. We were #18 and #19 in line and only 8 in the store. Of course not all of those in front of us wanted the w ii, and we didn't know for sure how many they had so we stayed our course. That's were the accessories come in. Around 5 one of the store employees comes out asking if any one wants a hat. It is freezing outside so most of us say yes, then she shows us what it is. How could we resist??!! One lady used hers as a face shield, I'm telling you, it was COLD. Then the same lady comes out with the tiara. Those were not as popular but we all know with my princess, you can never have too many tiaras! And, there were plenty to share with the nieces. So we ended up empty handed on the w ii, but we got to have some fun.

Friday we didn't start out as early but we got all the deals we wanted, and then some. The only way to do that day is as a team! It makes it fun (if you can believe the madness is fun) and a lot more productive. Larry was a big help as usual, and McKenzie entertained us by throwing up in the middle of the mall (in a trash can, of course). McKenzie is pregnant, and anyone that has ever been that way can appreciate the sudden wave of nausea and a trash can.

We got to spend lots of time with the family, which was wonderful. I wish all our visits could be that long and relaxing. It seemed like we got a lot done but never in a rush.

This week has been busy, I worked my 3 days at the salon and the other days I went to Alice in Wonderland with Naomi's class and did the necessities around here. The play was entertaining and I was glad I got to go!

3 comments:

Dina said...

how cute your Dad went with you...he'a a trooper!!! he sounds alot like my dad. I didn't know Mackenzie is pregnant. is that Mollys...does she know what shes having?!

Kathy said...

Dina-IT WAS A SURPRIZE TO ALL OF US!! She is Molly's oldest. My sister is going to be a Granny at 40! She is about 4 months along but we don't know the sex, yet.

And yeh, my Dad is Great. I am blessed with awesome parents!

Dina said...

Cool! I became a MOM @ 40 and Molly is a grandma! ( either way , who cares...a baby is a BABY!! I can't WAIT!) KEEP ME POSTED!