Tuesday, January 27, 2009

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!...not

There was a winter storm warning for our region last night until today. In years past, everyone would get excited with little return. With today's advanced technology, most predictions come true. So when the rain started around 1 am I was prepared for a day off school. I was hoping for the snow that was predicted too but it seems we were only blessed with freezing rain. There is still snow in the forecast, just don't know if we will see it! Just enough to make it very unsafe for traveling. Joe took it slow to work and made it there safe.










Our poor dogs, braving the slippery slopes to relieve themselves. We let their hair grow out on their pads for a reason!



2 comments:

Dina said...

OMG!!! gosh, what do parents do when school is let out all the time due to bad weather???!!! Do you guys miss alot of work because of that reason???
Is your pool frozen solid??

Kathy said...

Crazy isn't it!!!Yes parent miss work, big scramble, when they call school off. I'm not sure what other people do but I tend to work my day off if I have to cancel. Joe is a big help too!

Pool in not quite frozen solid- the fluctuating temperature keeps that from happening. It may have been last week when were at the 0 degree temps for a few days! I did NOT go check :)

I've been checking your weather... 70 degrees seems cold??? I can't wait to see sunshine and warmer weather!