Friday, January 16, 2009

WE HAVE A PLAN....

For a family reunion! A very rough plan, I might add, but that's where they all start. The thought was to have it this year in October at one of the local parks in my hometown. I tried to talk to everyone at the funeral and get their feelings on this and everyone seemed very receptive. I think it will do my Aunt Mary a lot of good, reconnect with the family after years of being home bound taking care of my uncle.

Now, I have a request (you didn't think you were going to get off easy did you???).

I need ideas! I have a few of my own but would like to hear from anyone who has been to a reunion that was really fun or just something that they think would be cool. I was thinking of putting together a book to give out. So ideas on questions for that would be nice too.

I need help getting the word out! Family members that read this blog, get your address book out and send it in. I need to get an updated list of our family members. Since this will be the first reunion in a long time we don't want to leave anyone out.

So, what do you think, are you willing to help???

5 comments:

lostinrain said...

How distant of relatives do you want to invite? I have the addresses of all my aunts and uncles (children of Delmar and Anna Ruth Shown) and I'm Facebook friends with one cousin. I will be happy to email all those to you :)

Dina said...

i wanna come...include nearby motels & whatnot....I don't know if we can, but I can "think" about it!!

Kathy said...

I would LOVE to have EVERYONE come! That's what the time frame is for, saving and planning so that we all can have a good time and reconnect.

I will be sure and include motel info etc...anything to make it easy!

Dianne said...

Sounds like we have a good start! I hope we can get everything worked out.

Frankie said...

sounds like a plan to me.