Friday, April 17, 2009

HOMEWORK

Naomi is working on compound words. Which is all fine and dandy until it gets hard.

She understands the concept, and is doing fairly well.

Until last night.

The teacher usually will not give them the answers, only circles the mistakes and asks them to correct and return. I will encourage and point out things too, but try not to give her answers.

Until last night.

Her words were (after trying to work these out all week), "The teacher said we can only use the words once".

Then it got hard.

So, I have a challenge for all you word seekers. See if you can come up with 6 compound words using the words only once. Let me know how long it took you and what resources you used.

The List:

gold
cow
butter
bow
apple
fish
girl
cake
pan
boy
sauce

Depending on how many people respond, I think a big prize should be in order. Any takers???

Just to be clear, use the 12 words only once to make 6 new compound words. I thought it was a major challenge.I need to see if I got them right......

5 comments:

Dina said...

k, Im alittle confused...6 as in gold..and cow, and butter, etc...find 6 different ones for each individual word thats on there or 6 using all the words ( example...cakepan, applesauce, ) 6 see im a dork...ya have to explain everything to me more than once, but then WATCH OUT!!! ;)

Kathy said...

Dina-yes, make 6 words out of the 12 using each word only once. I'm like you, I like lots of CLEAR direction.

So, it seems your up for the challenge. I can't wait to hear your results!

Dianne said...

goldcup--cowgirl--butterboy---bowfish--applesauce--pancake

I don't know how right this is. It is the first thing that comes to mind.

Dina said...

ditto!!

Kathy said...

Thank you! Now I have two extra backups. Be ready for last minute help!!!