Saturday, June 02, 2007

FYI-FDA warns agaist Chinese toothpaste

Our paper publishes a section called YOUR HEALTH. This is where I find some really interesting articles. The latest is the the warning of use of Chinese toothpaste. Some makers are putting a poisonous chemical used in antifreeze in their paste! The ingredient, diethylene glycol (also called DEG) was found in a shipment at the US border and at two retail stores: a Dollar Plus in Miami and a Todo A Peso in Puerto Rico.

I check the label on most things I buy to see where they are made, try to buy American if possible but it never crossed my mind to check toothpaste! Because they are coming out with new ones all of the time and I have not found a brand that I will stick with forever I switch around, the latest is Gleem which I bought at the dollar tree. Of course I threw away the box and looking at the tube it only tells of the active ingredient. It is distributed by Procter and Gamble out of Cincinnati, OH but doesn't say where it is made. I guess we all need to be aware.

No comments: