Sunday, February 10, 2008

HELLO, HELLO, HELLO

It's a beautiful sunny day, but very chilly. I have decided to stay indoors and enjoy it in the warmth of my home. I spent the day Friday doing a deep clean and of course you can't tell by today, oh well, life goes on.

I wanted to let you know what we have been doing lately. Several really fun, exciting things going on. Joe and I started a class at a friends church on The Five Love Lanuages. We have only had one class but with the book and the warm welcome we feel right at home. I would recommend the book to anyone. We got ours at the local christian bookstore for $5. It has food for thought and is a easy read.

I am starting a class this Tuesday through our church called Why Catholic. I have talked to several people that have already had the class the last week and am very excited about it. Not quite sure what to expect, but I am willing to go and explore.

Which brings me to last night. Joe and I had a date, whooo hoo! It was the annual Valentines Dinner and Dance at our church put on by the youth group. We have never attened before, but since Elijah will be attending the Catholic Heart Work Camp this summer it is THE main fund raiser we decided to give it a go. Joe's parents let the kids stay the night, we put on our fancy clothes and headed out the door. It was a good time with a pasta dinner, a silent auction, good friends and good music. The kids were to act as waiters and serve us our dinner. The day started around noon with food prep and intruction as many of them had never done any thing like this before. Naomi was with a friend so I took Levi and let him help in the kitchen. He felt so grown up and was a big help. It's hard when you have kids so spread out in age and they all want to be included in everything. I'm just glad we have the type of community where everyone is invited to help in some way.

So you can tell we have been busy but doing some good stuff!

1 comment:

Dina said...

"date night??" what is THAT??!! Actually Alika & I had a couple of hours, so we ran to see a GROWN UP MOVIE "Fools Gold". it stunk. but we had a few laughs, popcorn...only for Tiki to come home crying..I said what's wrong? she tearfully said with a BIG hug, "I just want you". melting my heart.