Tuesday, February 19, 2008

THE YEAR 1980

This was taken at my 8th grade graduation. I think I am pretty easy to pick out, but I will let you take a guess. My Dad's mom made my dress and Mom made my flowers. It was a beautiful dress with small straps and a sheer cover up. We had a dance after the graduation and all the families were there to celebrate. To go along with this photo, I found the autograph book that went with the final days. Some of the entries in the book were sweet, some were funny. I'll share a few with you.


To a very good friend, (and I hope we will always be good friends). I have had lots of fun with you over the years, and I hope we will have a lot of fun in high school. (I'm sorry for that time I slapped you across the face.) Angie


Kathy, I've know you sinse first grade. You have always been so wild! I have hung around you some & I'm beginning to do some wild things too. Stay out of trouble & don't get any cuter, I might see ya next year & might not. Your friend Mary (the wild was underlined)

Kathy, Of all the years we've gone to school together I've always thought of you as one of my sisters. But now it's time to say so long to everyone. I don't want to leave anyone in this class but I am glad we weren't seperated sooner than this. Goodbye, Jimmy

Dear Kathy, You have been one of the most cheerful students in the eigth grade. I hope you can keep your sense of humor through high school. Good luck. Mrs. Schroder

That's all for now, I must explain that I was not wild in today's standard, but I was probably ADHD! I did see the principal a time or two, nothing serious that I remember (never got spanked). I do recall writing LOTS of dictionary columns. I have lots of good memories and I hope my kids will too!

Update-Elijah was looking at my book today and said "it sounds like you were a fun hot chick." My reply was that I did have fun!

5 comments:

Dina said...

4th from the left in the front??? beautiful dress.. you still are soo cute!!

Kathy said...

Dina- correct!!!and thanks for the complement.

Dianne said...

You should have said 'the dress still fits'. I love seeing the old photos. They bring back some great memories.

Trailboss said...

Memories, aren't they great?

Karen said...

Hi Kathy, I found your link at Trail Boss's place. I love how you wrote the comments from your yearbook! Great post! I have 3 kids also, 11, 14 and 18. They keep you hoppin', don't they? Speaking of which, do I hope over to your new blog from here, or will you keep posting on this one?