Tuesday, April 01, 2008

HAWKEYE


TV Guide #1039
Originally uploaded by trainman74
With so much talk about Hawk lately, and the fact that I am reading a book by Alan Alda, it has got me thinking. I really like what he has to say. Has anyone else read his books? I am reading, Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself.

He wrote it after his near death experience in Chile. It is based on some of the impossible questions he's ask himself over his lifetime. I want to share it with Elijah but I don't know that he would really get it. I think he makes some great points and, from the beginning I have set with my journal to try and remember them. It would be so nice to remember all the good advice we have been given over the years. My mind doesn't work that way but at least I am smart enough now to write it down!

One of the first things he writes is the question, Are you living a life of meaning? Wow!!!
He writes, Will this have been a life that meant something? Wow!!!

I think we all want to believe that our lives have meaning, but what is the meaning of life? This is truely the question I have ask myself my whole life, what is my purpose? What am I REALLY put here to do? I guess time will tell. Until then I will let Mr. Alda give me something to think about.

2 comments:

Frankie said...

I would like to read that book too.those questions make you think, and think. Hope you had some fun with April Fools Day, I forgot all about it until tonight.

Dina said...

sounds good. I am currently reading the book that everyone on Oprah is reading. It's same thing..."Awakining your life's purpose".