Sunday, March 30, 2008

FREE BIRD

I must make a reference to my cousins quick wit. When I was writing my last post, I said how we got Hawk and she caught it immediately. Thanks for putting a smile on my face. :)

It didn't take Hawk long to warm up. Especially to Joe, who is the animal guy. It seems he has a way with animals of all kind, Hawk was no exception. As I said before, he was already trained, but living in a court with a lot of neighborhood kids. So, of course he is a little more leery of the kids, because of being exposed to so many in the neighborhood who didn't know how to handle him. He seems to be very smart.

The next morning Joe already had him on his shoulder. He was singing and making noise for us to come and see him. He likes to nibble at your neck, especially if you have a necklace on. I think he is adjusting well.


After the younger kids had him on their shoulder he was ready to get back to his cage.

This is a scene we see a lot. Naomi seems to be the animal lover too. She wants him to come out and talk all the time! Butter, as you can see, loves to be around Naomi. She is not lacking in love since Hawk came, rest assured.

3 comments:

Frankie said...

You do have a lot of "Howell family fun" such a pretty bird, I have lots of birds, in my back yard. ha no really, I feed them every day so some days I can't count how many,problem is my cat enjoys them too much.

Kathy said...

Frankie-We do have a lot of fun! We have lots of birds out back too. I think our dogs are not sure what to think, so far so good.

Dina said...

I love that bird!! they do tend to nibble @ necks & necklaces.