Tuesday, March 04, 2008

SOMETHING TO BRIGHTEN YOUR DAY or night

This is always an exciting time of year! Springs almost here, several birthdays to celebrate, and the beautiful blooms on my orchid!

For years I grew violets, which I love, but I didn't have much luck with. They would do OK and bloom but I had to work at it. My theory on plants is that if you need a lot of attention, I'm not the home for you. I want to plant, water, feed occasionally (hardly ever), and watch you grow (bloom). Then one day my client suggested I get a philonopsis orchid. She said they are the easiest to grow, and will reward you with many beautiful flowers.The first time this one flowered, I counted almost 50 flowers. It hasn't bloomed that much since, and I don't mind. I didn't realize that they bloom for months at a time, that was a surprise too! The best is that they come at a time when winter is dragging on and you can't bear another dreary day.
I love this flower, it is delicate but not fragile.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Georgous! Beautiful flowers make me smile :)