Friday, March 28, 2008

INTRODUCING....

HAWK

He is supposedly the newest member of our family. I say that because I don't want to get too attached to him. He was given to us by our friends that have owned him for three years. He is a good bird, just needs someone (or three) to pay him a little more attention.

I started wanting a cockatiel about 10 years ago but the expense and not knowing really how much care they needed scared me off. I have one client who has several birds, always gets me excited thinking I could do it and then the money question comes up. So, how could I turn down a free bird?!

Now, here is the catch. Her son, who is the bird's owner is wanting a second (or more)chance to take care of Hawk. It is something I was afraid of when I said we would take him. How long before they want him back? How long before my kids are attached and he has to leave? I am looking at it this way, if it is meant to be he will stay. If not, we get to experience bird ownership (and responsibility) first hand and will know what we are getting into.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

He is a beautiful bird! I bet he will learn to bark! ;)

Dina said...

He's a FREE BIRD!! get it?! ha ha ha..
My brother Greg was the "bird" guy. He had em all. I remember his one "LOVE BIRD" that used to CHASE ME AROUND THE HOUSE gwawking at me. flappin his clipped wings,, as a dog chases someone in the front yard...geez, I forgot all about that, I think I need therapy!