Saturday, March 01, 2008

THE BIRTHDAY GIRL and more

First, I must say we had a wonderful time at the opera last night. The show was Hansel and Gretel and was superbly done. It lasted around two hours with beautiful music throughout. The highlight was the witch was played by a big vibrant man. There were many laughs and a good time was had by all.

Now, a follow up on my sweet girl. I was able to go to school and bring the cupcakes as planned. I had ask Naomi not to tell her friends that we put carrots in them but I could tell when I got there and everyone started asking what was in them, I knew the secret was out. Some of the kids ate them but most were skeptical. The teachers and Naomi loved them, and that is all that mattered. It was actually funny to watch the kids, I know they didn't want to hurt my feelings.

Later we celebrated with Pizza and more cupcakes at home. It was very low key, except for the massive excitement kept in motion by the birthday girl. Mamaw had sent a BIG bag of goodies home with Daddy and she couldn't wait to get to them!

One of the outfit from Mamaw and Papaw. I did her hair for school extra special to look like she was the present. Pretty girl
Family picture
A gift from Georgia.
One of her favorite presents, a pink Nintendo DS! Complete with a big brother to show her what to do!!

2 comments:

Dina said...

I adore the pictures!! she looks sooooo pretty!! Good job on the hair! Looks like you guys had a great time

the family picture without the teeth is nice, with the teeth NICER!!! :)

Dianne said...

Elijah still loves showing his abs. He looks great!

Sounds like the opera was wonderful. I'm glad you got to go.

Looks like Mamaw knows our girl and her likes! I'm really looking forward to seeing her soon and taking her shopping.