Sunday, July 13, 2008

THE LATEST INVASION

Now that the cicadas have finally left, the June bugs have come out in full force! It is such a sight to see, the foliage covered in bugs. It seems they are somewhat choosy in what they eat. So far the lily leaves have been spared and some of the trees. I don't know if it is only a matter of time because of all the other food our yard has to offer. Feasting on grape leaves.
What they left on our hollyhock plant. Or should I say, what is left of our hollyhock? Beautiful yellow daylily. When the afternoon sun hits these they shine!
I love the oak leaf hydrangea. It looks like a soft victorian flower.
Adding a little punch to the yard, this beautiful multi color daylily.

I hope you all don't get sick of my flower pictures. I love them as you can see, and love to share them. It is so rewarding to see all the beauty from planting.

2 comments:

Frankie said...

your flowers are beautiful!

those June bugs are a pain, they are all over everything here too.

Dina said...

GORGEOUS flowers!! I am amazed at the skeleton of the leaf!!!!