Sunday, August 31, 2008

GIFT


I got a big surprise the other day when a client of mine ask me if I would like to have something. She had a picture of this candel holder above a fireplace. There were no candles in it but it was taken fairly up close and looked really cool. Always one for something a little different (free always helps) I couldn't wait to get it. Well, it came and was big. It was a lot more detailed that the picture had shown but was really beautiful. Now all I had to do was find a place for it. Because my fireplace has an uneven stone face, I didn't feel that would be the best place for it. We have done a little rearranging and this is what we came up with. The candles were a little hard to find but I think I made a good choice. I really wanted ones that were a little shorter but once I started looking this kind of candle is hard to find. I love it and am very thankful my client thought of me.
She was in the other day and told me the rest of the story. It was her mother-in-laws. A decorator had chosen it for her, but after she decorated, never put candles in it. I think it is awesome and really looks at home in our house.

3 comments:

Frankie said...

very nice arrangement,it's such fun to be creative.

Dina said...

thats nice!! I don't decorate very well. I place things. ha ha I need NATE the decorator from Oprah to come to my house!

Dianne said...

Lovely! A treasure!