Tuesday, August 19, 2008

THE GRAND FINALLY

So, this is it. I've gone through all the vacation pics and while I have many more, this is pretty much sums up the week. Well, this and all the other pictures. Joe, doing his water dance. I don't know if it was meant to bring in the fish or not but this is the day one swam right to my dad. He caught it but wasn't able to bring it to the surface. We all had a good laugh since Pop is the big fisherman of the family. Joe wants the title sooo bad. I guess he will have to invest A LOT more time before he passes dad.
Levi, doing his best Mafia impersonation.
Now, these two pics go together. The girls out on Georgia Island (they all had their own islands) decided that they needed to do some experimenting. First it was the top of the head only and then it was the whole head.
We just thought it would make a funny picture, and it did. Naomi has more of the pose down, don't you think?

This is between the shops in town. It looks so clean.
Posing at the hatchery by the house. I like what they had to say.
We played lots of games. Mostly cards, but scrabble was a lot of fun. It would be more fun if I played more and got my brain thinking in the scramble mode. Funny, I think it's like that most of the time until I need it to work that way!
This was not a big hit at the time, but I brought bowls that we were able to customize ourselves. I thought that we would all like to have souvenirs that we didn't have to go shopping for. I didn't get a picture of the finished product but they all turned out so cool. I'll take a picture of mine sometime and post it. Maybe Mom will too.
I think this is one of the cutest pictures ever. Memories made with love.

Naomi, always the poser. Cherokee had all these decorated bears around town. We got a picture of a few of them. We have horses in our town, but they are not decorated in the same way. It seems like most of the bears were painted with mask on or to resemble another animal.
This was made at the outdoor drama at the intermission. It took me several times and still couldn't get everyone to look. We were having a good time, that's all that matters I guess.
Joe and I in the sweat lodge in the village.
PJ and Gregg hanging out after the Indian ceremony.
This is what it was really all about. Hanging out, playing, wrapping ourselves in love. Experiencing life without cell phones, enjoying the nature of it all.
Oh, and that look Elijah has, I saw plenty of that!
I'm so glad that my parents decided to join us on this adventure. It gave us the time to spend together that we haven't had for a while. We caught up on old stories and the new, the kids got to get tickled by Pop, and memories galore. Thank you.
The added bonus was our good friends, PJ, Gregg, and Georgia. Thanks for the entertainment and good times together. I can see many good years ahead of us!



4 comments:

Dina said...

Oh , EACH & EVERY ONE OF THOSE ARE PRICELESS & PRECIOUS!!!
I really enjoyed your vacation....only wish we could be there too. I love the whole family time spent playing games together....from a quote from one of my favorite Movies "Hope Floats" ..."my cup runnith over".
What a blessing to all be together!!!

Kathy said...

Dina-Thank you, I wish you could have been there too! My parents are ruthless game players, but a lot of fun.

Dianne said...

We did have a lot of fun. I really don't know what Kathy means by us being ruthless game players! We just encourage everyone to play by the rules. :-)

Frankie said...

Loved seeing your pictures,glad that you all had such a fun, happy time !