Friday, August 22, 2008

OUR NEW RIDE

With the gas prices being so high, we thought it high time to look at what we were driving. Since we can't change how much we drive when school is in, getting better gas mileage seemed the only way to go. So I started looking. First I was checking lots of different websites, then I realized that the small amount of money really did make a difference. Then I found Craig's list. It was updated all the time so it made it much more interesting if nothing else. After several weeks looking and one failed attempt to purchase a car, we came across this one, a 2001 Toyota ECHO. I had never heard of them before but after some research found out they weren't too bad. I have never owned a foreign car before but with purchasing one to drive like this, it seemed like the right thing to do.

It has definitely taken some time to get used to it. It is super small, but big enough to fit all of us in it. We haven't got to test the gas mileage yet but I feel like it should get pretty good numbers (It had a full tank when we picked it up). It has a little body damage where Joe's hand is but no rust. A few stains on the seats and trashed mats, all easy to work with. So far I am happy with our purchase and hope and pray it gives us many good years and miles.

4 comments:

Dina said...

Hey thats cuuute!!! sounds like you got a great deal!

Frankie said...

nice car, Toyota's never wear out, I'm driving a Toyota truck, mid size 95'. runs great, King drove it to work, he loved it, so I kept it, as it was better than mine, hope it will go long as I do!

Dianne said...

Is this car for you so you won't be riding your bicycle to work? Did the owner work at Toyota? It looks nice in the photo. I bet Elijah is looking forward to driving it. Is it automatic or manual. If it were orange it would remind me of your bobcat.

Kathy said...

Thank you all, so far, so good.

This is so Joe doesn't have to drive his truck everyday. Yes, after we purchased it, I realized just how much it reminded me of the egg (bobcat). It was owned by a young couple getting ready to have a baby. It is automatic and yes, Elijah would love to drive it!