Tuesday, August 26, 2008

TEST RESULTS

We went to the lab last week to get more blood work done. I didn't tell her until we were in the parking lot and she guessed. I had told her the day before and several other days, I just didn't make a big deal out of it. She cried, she said she didn't want to, she cried some more. In the end she did a great job, they only took one vial of blood and it was over fast. She knows she is going to have to do it, she just doesn't like it.

So, we went to the doctor today to get the results and she came in at a low, 2.5. When the normal range in between 0 and 5, the doctor was happy ! Her score was 4o when we first went to him, so that only made today even better. He said it would take 6 months to a year for her to return to normal, and then he reminded me this is a lifelong thing and she could never be without her medicine. Her goiter had gotten smaller and all was well. I will once again say thank you for all your prayers, we are blessed. Eating doughnuts on Levi's birthday.

2 comments:

Dina said...

Yeaaa. Thank you GOD!! I had been sent home papers to give my consent to give Tiki flu shot @ school. I explained that she should have the flu shot and it can be done @ school or DOC. office. she didn't stop crying for an hour. poor thing. better just to get there and do it.

Dianne said...

So glad Naomi is responding to treatment! She looks so grown up in that photo.