Thursday, January 11, 2007

BLAST FROM THE PAST Levi has been working on the sacrament of reconciliation in class and along with that studying his ancestry. This is a picture of the homework he had to turn in. The assignment was to tell a story of something that had happened in the past. Well, you know that is a tough one! The pictures came out (which took hours), so many stories to tell and I know his head was spinning!! So we left it alone for a day and when we came back to it he picked this picture. The first story that came to mind was visiting my grandfather at his bar-b-que restaurant when we were little. I could have told him a dozen more stories about Grandad and I am sure I have in the past but this one was for Levi. I don't ever want to forget about the past, I don't want to live in it but I think it is very important to pass it on to your kids. I'm glad the school feels the same way too.
One of Levi's project he came up with on his own. It looks kinda christmasy but he said it was something from star wars. I love that he has a great imagination and likes to create!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am glad Levi gets to learn of our history. I just hope I can remember all the stories that need to be shared.

Dina said...

that is so cool that you have those memories. I love the picture and of course Levi's creative artwork!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your reconciliation. It is just like a big eraser and you get a fresh start. That is how much God loves you.