Saturday, February 17, 2007

CRAZY CALL

We were enjoying the day off yesterday when the phone rings. Caller ID, private. Normally I wouldn't pick up the phone with a private # but I did. The conversation goes something like this.
Caller, Is this Joe or Kathy? yes.
Your son egged my house last night.
Me, really?
Caller, yes and he threw rocks at her window and broke it
Me, really?? what time was this and how do you know it was my son?
Caller, 2 am and your son gave me this #
Me, really??? what did my son look like?
Caller, white, really ugly.
Me, really? that can't be my son because he isn't ugly.
Caller, just a minute (talking to her daughter) He killed our dog too!
Me, how do you know it was my son?
Caller, we live down the street and your son told us your name and #
Me, what is your name and address
Caller, Pat I live at ------------------

She tells me her address and then the phone goes dead. I ask my son if he did this and of course I believe with all my heart that he didn't without even asking him. I called my husband and we realize it is our new next door neighbors. I don't know if they realize we live beside them. I don't know what prompted the call to us. I didn't realize we have enemies and hope this can be dropped without any further confrontation. I will be ready for Pat if she calls again. I thought it was a joke and hope it still is.

No comments: