Friday, February 02, 2007

BUZZ DONUTS

The news is about "buzz donuts" and "buzz bagels" . I knew it was only a matter of time! Dr. Robert Bohannon of Raleigh, NC. Wants you to be able to get your caffeine without having to drink it. He is a molecular scientist who is in the process of getting patents for his product. He claims he can put up to 100 milligrams of powdered caffeine into his baked good without the bitter taste. (typical 12 oz. soda has 30 to 55 milligrams and a 8.5 oz can of red bull has 80 milligrams of caffeine) I guess I should have said ONLY in the parentheses. So, you can see he is able to deliver quite a jolt. His claim is to make this for the person who wants to have a glass of milk with their food and still get the caffeine they want. I can see that because I like caffeine. I can not even imagine what 100 milligrams would feel like in my body. I can not even imagine what 50 milligrams would feel like in my body. That said, I'm sure it will be approved. Maybe not at full strength (quarter of a donut please?) but I see it in our future. With all of the stimulation available to us 24/7 we need caffeine to go with that and what a better way to get the nutrition you need too!

So I'm jealous. No molecular scientist here but I know a good idea when I see one. Of course this is going to raise health insurance cost but when stock options are available I will be looking into it. (For my kids of course). Bon appetite!!! :)

No comments: