Wednesday, February 07, 2007

SNOW DAY!!!

Today was a snow day from school. The weather forecast was calling for 2 to 4 inches. Everyone got worked up and they ended up cancelling yesterday afternoon at the public schools. So we watched, waited for more snow and then the temperature went up and we got sleeting rain. That's what made the decision to not have school. The storm virtually passed us by (to our disappointment) but it was enough to get the kids out of school but not out of the house. We had warmer temps today so everything was soggy!

I wanted to show of the kids new pillows. Monday was also a snow day like today. Snow, but not much of it. The two younger kids went to Mamaw and Papaw's house. They enjoy going there to visit and watch TV! On there last visit over they found the bunnies that were to be used on a new quilt. Now they both say they want a quilt, Mamaw says "no way, I already made yours and this is for another project. " So, undeterred Naomi ask for a pillow case and Levi chimes in he would be happy with that to!!! Of course Mamaw could not say no to that and here is the results. I think they turned out great. She let them pick out the fabric and choice of bunny and they are a perfect size. I still have my pillow from when I was young, I loved that thing and hope my kids will treasure there's too. Bonus shot, Levi's head 2 weeks after the accident. It looks GREAT as you can see. He will definitely have a line down his head but it has closed up really tight! He still has a scab on what I think was the point of impact.
Since we had the day off Naomi HAD to get her hair and nails done! She saw the butterfly ponytail last night when I put her to bed so that was the first thing she got this morning. I can't believe she can remember these things! So, once she had her hair done she moved on to the nail polish. She knows I am a sucker for beauty (if we have time) and will do what I can.
As usual, Elijah is sitting at the computer playing games. We all really enjoy the laptop and can't remember life without it. He took a break long enough for me to photograph him but that was about it!


I'm sure your all wondering what I did all day....It was NOT pretty. I spent too much time in the office working on my taxes! I have been putting it off as long as I can because I despise paperwork. I know it has to be done but I don't like it!!!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Looking good!!!!! Elijah looks so much better with his curls. I glad the kids had a great day.... sorry you had to work so hard.

Dianne said...

This is my third attempt! I love reading the blog but this is very frustrating.

Great photos.......I love you.