Wednesday, July 25, 2007

CAMPING AT THE FALLS

We took off this weekend in search of an adventure. Our original plans involved going to the lake with friend but changed at the last minute. As you have learned from past post, once Joe gets the fishing bug he is not easily swayed and we all benefit!

I have many fond memories of Cumberland Falls park. We used to go often when we were growing up with my family. I don't remember camping here but there is always plenty to do. I felt like there was not enough time to do everything but we did some of the highlights.

When we got there and set up camp it was late Fri evening. We got the BEST spot tucked back in the campground but close to the playground, swim pool and pavilion, close to the bathroom but not too close. So we started looking around and saw that the pool was open after hours and after inquiring found out that it was open and free! How could we resist?! The kids had so much fun, Naomi has been taking swim lessons and what a better way to test out all she had learned than in a big pool. After a good nights sleep we set off for a long hike and a peek at the falls. The weather was perfect and we had such a good time with each other. Saw some cool things, (turtle)and not so cool things (copper head snake) but we kept our eyes open and enjoyed the day. Back to the camp for dinner and then off to the pavilion for a ho-down. Of course Elijah didn't want to be seen with us at that but Naomi LOVED it! (you might see that one later if the video turned out).

Oh, I guess you'd like to know about the fishing?? Well there was not much time for that so when we got back home Joe took off for a local fishing spot and scored!Playing a little cards.
Check out the guy in the boat, just to give you an idea how big the falls are!
Big old LIVING tree by the falls. We couldn't resist!!
Naomi is quite a dare devil! Joe went with her and that's all it took. I have some great pics of him on the diving board as well.
She REALLY loved doing the flip. Elijah couldn't figure out why his arm hurt so bad but we soon figured it out. She wasn't picky who threw her around, just that she GOT thrown around.

3 comments:

Dina said...

ooohh, it looks soo fun- I wanna go....Tiki would have a blast. I'm not too sure what my husband would do (haha)

that guys boat looks very homemade, like he's got this DOWN!

Dina said...

OH YEAH....YOUR HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL!!

Dianne said...

I am so glad y'all had fun at Cumberland Falls. I always loved it there. I guess I will have to post some of our old photos of our fun there when you were little.