Tuesday, July 10, 2007

NEW PURSE

This first pic was taken while on our vacation to North Carolina. When we shop for souvenirs we always try to buy local. Since none of us really need a thing, we had a great time looking! Now I must tell you that I have a weakness for shoes and purses. I don't change often but I have been known to go through a few before I find what REALLY works. For years I have admired the ultra soft bags that I have found in Cherokee. I am also extremely frugal when it comes to myself and the price tags have always put me off. So this year we found some really cool bags and the material to make them in one store! (It just so happens to be the same store we found my wedding rings in 9 years ago.) I don't think we have been back to the store because when you get into the area everything starts to look the same to me. As soon as I walked in I fell in love with EVERYTHING. They had tons of original artwork!! I found this bag, checked out the $115 price tag and put it back. Looking around I found a barrel of really soft skins for a small fraction of the price of the purse. I had the brainstorm to get Joe to take a pic of several of the bags but this was my favorite. Came home and started to work. It really didn't take me long at all to complete my bag and I love it! Looking back at the pics now I am really glad I made my own bag because I was able to customize it to fit me. My bag cost around $35. I know it is not for everyone but it suits my taste well!

2 comments:

Dina said...

WOW!! your sooo good...I put material over a computer chair, and just doing that was fun, but I realize I don't have patience it takes to make it look "great"..that bag looks GREAT!!

Dianne said...

Yours looks better than the one in the store. You take after your mother and grandmother. ;)

Do you have enough scraps for a small one?