Tuesday, July 03, 2007

THE LATEST, THE GREATEST

My family is growing up, and with growing up there comes changes. This is one of the latest changes. Family bike riding!!! We have always like to walk, at least get out and enjoy the great outdoors and get some exercise while we're at it. A few years ago Elijah was diagnosed with inflammation of his heel pad (which is extremely painful, so I am told) so the walks stopped. He will suffer when we go on family outings but we always try and drive as much as we can to help him out. He has been a good sport about it and has received many massages from me in the process. The one thing he has always been able to do is ride his bike (or motorcycle) but with little kids that didn't ride, he always got to go it alone. That changed last year when Levi learned to ride but you know how it is when you first learn, slowwwww. This year I decided that with Naomi getting big she really needs to learn too. Of course with two inexperience riders I was scared but then I saw the coolest thing, the trail a bike. It cost as much as a new bike but it has opened our world UP! Levi still scares me but I ride behind him like an announcer," slow down, glance behind you, OK you're doing great, STOP, stay on the right side of the road, stand up, keep pedaling...." Since we got our new addition we have ridden miles! My legs are wondering what is going on (I tried the stationary bike this winter and would quit promply at 2o minutes) but it feels so good. Elijah even said he enjoyed it but wished we were invisable, ha ha. I guess it's the cool factor and he's going to suffer one way or another. Bringing home baby.
He really wanted to ride her but he's not ready. It takes a lot of muscle and A LOT of balance!







Mom, this is for you!!!
My mom made this blanket for Naomi. It is small but perfect to carry around. Naomi loves babies and stuffed animals so this blanket has seen some action. Naomi has slept with it, took it on vacation, and wrapped her babies in it. She puts it down for weeks at a time but we soon see it again. As I said in the first part of the post we are growing up. You know what comes with growing up, new styles. She sees me being crafty and changing things around and likes to get into it to. I really have to watch her because she comes up with some really wild ideas. This one wasn't so wild so I helped her with it. I had just taken out her hair wrap (string tied around a strand of hair) that her babysitter had done for her weeks past. She says to me "I want to wear this" referring to her blanket. So I tie it around her neck like a cape. "No, I want to wear it like a dress." I look at the string laying in front of me and a few minutes later she was happy as could be, even wore it to the video store much to Elijah's dismay. One of these days he's going to learn were not so bad after all, just a little different.

Naomi giving herself bunny ears.
A little see through but everything was covered up. She was sooo proud!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Awesome on both accounts. I know you will enjoy riding more with Naomi attached.

I crocheted that blanket with the needle that Granny used to make her afghans. It is a long needle with a hook on the end. I had to go to Hobby Lobby several times and ask if anyone knew how to use it. I didn't have any of her patterns. Finally someone was working that knew how to use the needle and showed me how. From there I made up the pattern for a doll baby blanket. I am so glad she has found more uses for it.

Dina said...

style baby!!! a designer in the making??!!! looks great!!