Thursday, March 22, 2007

BLAST FROM THE PAST part two

As you can tell I am getting a little better with the computer. This thing is so amazing, I can't imagine being able to do half of what it is capable of!
I like this pic of Mom. You can tell she really liked her job! Wait, I think she is smiling so much because she is RETIRING. Of course you could never tell by looking at her that she was already able to retire. Mom worked for the post office for over 20 years. Starting in the postmasters office and working her way up to the FIRST FEMALE SUPERVISOR. That was really saying something for the times. I know it wasn't always easy but she made the best of it. Of course she has done many other things that I am proud of her for but this was the first picture to brag on. Way to go Mom! This is a friend from way back. She was Molly's best friend in grade school. We hung out A LOT when we both ended up in the same town with not many friends. We shared the same interest in camping and boating. This was taken on a trip to Florida in the early 90's.
One of Elijah's favorite pics. I think he is fascinated by the long hair. He is about 4 years old and wearing his dad's old jacket. Love those dimples!
This pic is sooo funny. One of the many days spent on the boat. The look is because someone has been taking his pretzels and he was not happy. You can tell we like to have fun with him!
He spent a whole year looking like this. These were some of his most favorite things, from the outfit, hat to the motorcycle! He thought (we thought) he was one cool dude.
Now that I have figured out how to work the scanner I see I MUST post MORE pics from the past! I'll try not to boor you to much. With the nice weather coming up I'll see what I can do. Hope you got a good chuckle out of these like I did.

Stay tuned and God Bless you all.

2 comments:

Dina said...

Oh your mom looks sooo happy ( I would be too if I retired!)

okay, I thought my hair was big!!!hahaha

Elijah is adorable...keep up with the oldies!!

Dianne said...

I love seeing your photos. It is funny how soon we forget them. Elijah was so cute and we did have fun with him. Remember the time he tried to zap Pop?