Tuesday, March 13, 2007

WEEKEND FUN

The past week all three of my kids have been sick. Naomi started two Fridays ago with strep. She was really sick for a couple of days and just when she seemed a little better Elijah got sick. The same with Levi so it ended up dragging on for over a week. I was able to work when I needed to because Joe was able to take a little time and stay with the kids. The weather here has been wonderful so it made it a little easier for him. I am happy to say I think we are on the mend.

That said, we started our weekend fun on Saturday night. One of my old friends, David King had his 40th birthday party. It was held at a local restaurant and the kids were invited. I was a little leery at first because I hadn't been to this restaurant before and the thought of lots of little kids running around scared me. I turned out great, we got to see some really good friends that we had lost touch with and David seemed really happy to have everyone there. The kids behaved themselves so we had fun too!

Now, we can't stop there. The next day was glorious! After a week of feeling bad we couldn't waist a minute. We have a big yard so that means there is more opportunity for work and play. Looking around, we saw LOTS of work that needed to be done. We both enjoy being outside and of course the kids do too! First on the list was to make a garden. We have been wanting to do it for some time but with a big dog outside I didn't see it happening. Now that she has passed on the time is right. A digging we go. (I mean Joe) I thought we should use the tiller but Joe likes to do things his way so I put him in charge. Of course I can't let him be in charge of me so I made my own project. THE SLIDE MUST GO UP! The only catch was there were holes to be dug there too! Now two blisters, sore muscles later the holes are dug. Now this may not seem fun to some but with the music on and seeing our kids playing it made it a good time.

We are all looking forward to planting the garden and watching it grow. Even though it's not here yet, I am ready for spring and looking forward to the days ahead. Naomi helping clean out the holes that I dug. As you can see it was a sloooow process.
Levi being creative with the tools. He wanted to carry the buckets on his shoulders. It seemed to be more work but he was determined to make it work. More power to you, boy!
Almost halfway done! My cutie likes to work hard but doesn't mind to stop for a quick pic.

2 comments:

Dina said...

You have such a big yard!! I haven't had a yard since I lived at my parents house..( oh I briefly lived in a house with a small yard) I love to work in the yard. weather looks alot better than all the other posts with soo much snow!!

Dianne said...

I am looking forward to working in the yard. Maybe Naomi can come and help me too.
The pinewood derby brought back some memories. Do you remember going to Kenny's?
Elijah looks more like Pop all the time with that hair.