Friday, March 23, 2007

A FRIEND IN NEED.......

......is a friend indeed. Today was all about taking time. I made my first choice this afternoon by excepting an invitation to lunch with my mother in law and her sister. I made plans early in the week to meet her to get a present for Naomi but I didn't want to stay long. There are so many other things that need to be done. Since she ask I hated to turn her down, so we ended up taking a two hour lunch. It was nice to spend time with both of them without any interruptions something I had never done before.

This evening I had promised a friend(Tina) I would come to her house and cut her boys hair. I have done her hair for 14 years but just started doing them as a "favor". It seems they are so particular that they now won't let anyone else touch their hair. So with nothing else on the agenda I agreed to today.
It just so happened that I have made a new client out of one of Tina's friends. Well, she works a very exclusive catalog company that has great sales and it just so happens that the sale was today! Now she wants to come share in the fun that she had at the sale and give to us!! Very much to my surprise she gave me six new tops, a linen shirt dress in a really cool green shade and the most beautiful blue crystal necklace. I couldn't believe it, she wouldn't take any money. The most funny thing is with the beautiful weather it makes you want new clothes. I actually wanted to go look but know that we can't spare any money so what's the point.
The boys loved there hair, I made a little money and got new clothes as a bonus!
Now I'm home with a movie for our family to enjoy for family night. I feel so blessed to take the time to spend with friends and family.

1 comment:

Dina said...

sounds PERFECT!!! thats very nice of you...good things happen to those who help others!!

hope that luck continues through the weekend!!