Saturday, October 25, 2008

RECENT CONVERSATIONS

I have had several recent conversations with my kids that I thought were funny and would like to share. Always up for a good laugh, I hope you find the humor in them also. If not, I guess you just had to be there.

The first conversation comes with a little background. Naomi has been asking us to get her piano lessons for almost two years. After getting her in with the best teacher ever, she loves it but rarely wants to practice. Levi enjoys it too and has been using her lessons to teach himself.

Just this morning I ask Naomi to practice her piano lesson. She immediately went into "I'm tiiirrredd!!!". Being the sweet Mom that I am I looked at Levi and said that he can take her lesson instead. I told her to go lay down and rest, she can practice later. She broke down into what I can only call the villain scream, "noooo" I could almost see her melting in front of me.
Once Levi was at the piano Naomi was right at his side. When I questioned her, she said she was over being tired and was "up and at em". She hasn't left his side yet.

The next conversation comes from me talking to Elijah about a recent trip we took to the farm with friends that he didn't get to make. I was telling him how much fun we had and that he would have had a blast. In all serious he looks at me and says "That doesn't sound like fun to me". I couldn't believe it. The other friends we took loved riding the dirt bikes and I saw that as more people to play with. He proceeds to tell me the reason that it doesn't sound like fun is...."I don't like to share the motorcycle". I guess I forgot that he is spoiled. When he goes with us he gets a bike to himself and doesn't have to share. We've got to work on that one!

The last conversation comes from my friend PJ. She is the music minister at her church and Naomi and Levi have been attending the Wednesday night services. PJ is retelling the story of how Naomi works her way into the spotlight. They are practicing for a recital where they have hand movement to go with the song. In lining the children up, the teacher put Naomi to the side of the stage. Naomi, feeling like she should be the one in front, put herself there with a few hand movement (and feet movements). The teacher had to laugh at how determined she was. I guess thinking no one would notice if she did it with the song. When we saw them perform, Naomi was just a little off to the side. She stayed in her place and they sounded beautiful.

2 comments:

Frankie said...

sounds like "howell family fun to me"

Dina said...

that is sooo cute!!!! i love when you share those priceless moments!!