Saturday, July 18, 2009

BOOT, SCOOT, BOOGIE

This was the weekly project. I didn't realize it was going to be a project at the time, but I have been itching to change my room around for years! I have a small bedroom and lots of big furniture, so I felt limited in what I could do. I have been accumulating hats over the years and with Joe's hat collection I felt like they were piling up too. So on a whim and with 16 year old help I started scooting furniture around. I started first with the cedar chest under the window but it just didn't look right. So, we scooted a little more and came up with this. I was able to hang the hats with this arrangement, so it stuck. Joe was really surprised but being a fan of organized mess, he was all in favor. Plus, he didn't have to do a thing. Elijah, on the other hand loves to show how strong he is so this was perfect!

For those that didn't see the before shots, I'll see if I can dig some up sometime. Until then, the big difference is the cedar chest was at the foot of the bed. The dresser was were the chest was and I had a chair where the dresser is. The chair is gone but not missed. If I need to sit down I can sit on the chest or eventually I might move a chair at the end of the bed. I like having a little more room, so I don't think I will, but you never know!


Trivia-This is the same bedspred as in the movie The 40 Year Old Virgin.


2 comments:

Dianne said...

I Like it like that!!!!!

Dina said...

looks nice!!!! I NEED (BESIDES MYSELF) A COMPLETE HOUSE MAKEOVER!!! It is terrible!!! its like 3 roommates all live together...no rhym or reason.