Saturday, July 11, 2009

WORKING ON IT, the next step

I had a little time today to work on the knife. I was able to sand the broken edge the other day and so today I was able to cut the space for the blade. I am using a rechargeable Drimmel tool so I had to wait for it to recharge. If I would have had a little more time I would have got the spots drilled for the inlay. It really looks good! Not a very good picture, but I wanted to show what it looked like. The antler is very hard and took a lot more time than I thought it would to sand it down and cut the line. The smell was the worst.....It smelled like the time I was at the dentist for a crown. Not a pleasant memory and almost a deal breaker.

Side view. It has a good grip to it, and feels right in the hand.
Plain, no frills. It looks good, has a lot of shine but if I'm going to make something a little different. Well, I want it to look a little different!


No comments: