Sunday, July 19, 2009

FUNNY STORY, FUNNY STORY, get your funny story right here!

I'm going to share a story with you from dinner the other evening.

I think the story is extreamly funny. Of course, some of you that
don't know me personally may think different of me. And those of you
that do know me personally might think Naomi was right on. Consider
yourself warned.

Being the silly family that we are, we were talking and laughing while
eating dinner together. I don't know about y'all, but we seem to have
a problem with fruit flies (nats) off and on. This happened to be an
on night. Just as dinner was coming to an end, Joe pumps his fist into
the air (to try and catch the nat) and I respond with "power to the
people". We all start laughing.....the kids didn't know what Joe or I
was doing. Once we quit laughing, Naomi says, "momma's the thinker of
the family". Once we realized what she said, that made us laugh even
harder.

So, I've been thinking.....should I put more self control on myself
when I see the potential funny? I never try to say, or do harm to
others. I just love to look at the positive side and to get a laugh
only makes it better (for me).

I told one of my friends this story. Her response, "out of the mouths
of babes". I don't know if that was good or bad!

What do you all think?

3 comments:

Frankie said...

don't change a thing, a good sense of humor is always so appealing in a person....have fun.

Dianne said...

Kids say the darnest things!

Kathy said...

Mom-are you talking about me or Naomi?