Wednesday, July 22, 2009

NEW KNIFE

I got it done!

It doesn't look too much like I envisioned when I first got the two pieces.

But, I figure, when you are working with natural materials, you "get what you get and you don't throw a fit!"

The finished product ended up being inlays of tiger eye and jasper stones. The talons are from a bird found on Kenny's (my brother) farm and the feathers are from our bird, Hawk. I used rabbit fur around the neck and secured it with the leather, the tiger eye, and the bone disk.

Joe mentioned the two disk were a little over the top. I laughed and said it's all a little over the top, don't you think? He agreed.

What's art if you can't express yourself???











1 comment:

Dianne said...

You are so talented! Of course, I already knew that. You did a great job.....our Forefathers and Mothers would be so proud.