Wednesday, May 09, 2007

JUST A little, tiny BIT OF OUR LIVES

This is the second time I have set down to blog. I was not successful in my first attempt once I realized I had bills to pay, dinner to cook and serve and kids to put to bed. Oh, the carefree days! So here I am once again, eyes drooping ready to go to bed myself but I'm on a mission. Must blog, must blog....ha ha ha.

As you can tell we have been busy as usual. Now that the end of school is near it seems everyone is trying to fit EVERYTHING in at the last minute. Of course I was really intelligent and scheduled several doctors appointments in all the mix too. It just takes lots of planning and getting up WAY to early, WAY to many days. Hopefully I will survive, If you don't hear from me you know what happened. I definitely think I am more of a carefree, spontaneous girl stuck in a scheduled girls life. I must make the best of it so here I am sharing my life with you!

This is the big Choral Concert for the school. The one for the Church was the Sunday before and it included piano and guitar solos. Both of them were SOOOO GOOD! I didn't realize there was so much talent in such a small community. I know the director was really proud as she should have been. This school is only in its second year and yet it has grown so much I am proud to be a part of it! Mrs. Black, the music teacher that gives so much of her time without pay. I can't thank her enough for encouraging my kids to never give up and making it fun for them.
Elijah and William (his best friend) singing a duet for the first time. They were the only boys in choir until the one in back joined this year. I know Mrs. Black will be sad to see them go.
Levi's class at Fort Boonesboro. The rain held off for the most part but we did end up getting a little soggy. The kids really learned a lot. Now when they have pioneer day at their school it will have a little more meaning after visiting the fort.
Time to move on. It was a sad day the pool had to come down. We have had it for close to 7 years but it was dry rotten and going to come down whether we wanted it to or not. We have had so many good memories in that pool. It was small but the kids loved it, I loved it. So, now the plan is to have a brick patio in the middle where the sand is and get a new, bigger pool for another area of the yard. Once you have a small carefree pool like this it is hard to do without one. They are very inexpensive and great relaxation for me. I hope the weather is good this year so we can enjoy it. My mom said she didn't think I could fill up my yard but it has happened right before our very eyes.
Weeknight entertainment. With allergy season underway the boys ears have been "bothering" them. Every night they want me to "clean" them out so I had the bright idea to do it the old fashion way. As with everything there has to be a little drama. This is only one of about 20 pics of the same thing. (I picked the best one of my legs, ha ha)

There had also been a 1o chapter autobiography paper due from Elijah. First Communion practice and or study for Levi every week for the last month. You know about the termites. Volunteer at school, the steady of lawn maintenance and all of the other fun things that I am sure I have failed to mention. It is all good, here to enrich our lives and we will learn and grow from it. Everyday has its ups and downs but when I go to bed at night I feel safe, warm and full of life.

1 comment:

Dina said...

great pictures and sooo informative as usual!! your yard is gorgeous!!