Tuesday, May 01, 2007

WARNING!!! Graphic pics

For those of you with a squeamish stomach, stop right there. You are about to see boy trying to eat snake, the biggest tong since Gene Simmons and lots of tonsils!!!

Saturday morning Joe had to be up early to help set up for Arbor Day. I have heard of these events in the past where they give out free seedlings but for a early Sat. morn I wasn't up for it. With Joe there to pick up the seedlings I didn't see any point in going myself. Then the call came. IT'S BEAUTIFUL, THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO, YOU NEED TO GET THE KIDS AND COME.
Ok, how could I resist that? The kids were starting to get up so I thought what the heck, we could use a little adventure. As soon as we pull up I see a friend that we hadn't seen in a while because her child has been REALLY sick. We joined them, the girls were so happy to see each other and off we went to the kids tent. There was a lot to see but the highlight was the reptiles! It took a minute for my kids to warm up to them but soon they would NOT leave the table. They had several big snakes and about 7 smaller snakes that you could handle. A toad, and 2 turtles that you could only pet. Naomi stuck with the turtles and Levi went with the snakes. He wasn't much on the big on but thought the small ones were cool. As you can see in the back ground of one of the pics Elijah is to cool for all of this kids stuff but I think he really enjoyed himself.
There were lots of booths for us big kids too. I learned about bees in our area, sampled a cranberry mix that I would have not picked up if it weren't free but it was oh so good and scored a nice tote! Joe got the free trees and purchased a few new plants that were to good to pass up. Not to bad for an unplanned family outing.
You can't have a kids tent without face painting! There were two girls there and they weren't busy so Naomi went back for more and more. She finally stopped at 4! I felt bad at first but if it was me sitting there I would rather be busy. Plus the more she has, better advertisement!!
Arbor Day would not be complete with out the local recycling girl? Her name is Rosie so she must be a girl. The kids loved it so I just had to take a pic.

2 comments:

Dina said...

Looks sooo fun!!! with the Derby coming tomorrow, I WANNA BE THERE SOOOO BAD!! I HAVE TO DO A DERBY!!! you guys are soo cute!!

Dianne said...

Oh what a fun day! I wish we were there! Maybe soon.