Monday, May 28, 2007

TIME

The time is going by, quick! As I look back at our pics to see what we have been doing I can see why. There is so much going on, planned and unplanned that we are staying busy. Working but having fun too. Joe is off for the holiday so we have been able to make the most of the weekend.



Are you ready to hear about what we have done in the last week?! Hold on to your seat, it has been wild. It was Levi's last week at school so they tried to fit it all in. Monday started with Pioneer day. My friends Stephanie and Stephen are into the history re-enactment with him playing Daniel Boone at Fort Boonesboro. So when I was ask to volunteer I thought about them immediately. Stephanie was gracious enough to let me borrow her Rebbecca costume and had one for the teacher too. I brought flint for all of the kids from the farm and got to show them weaving. Levi looked the best! He was so into it. I can't believe I don't have pics of that but it was early in the morning and I never dreamed I would forget my camera! One of the moms there took a pic of Levi and I so you might get to see it sometime. None of the kids recognised me, my costume was so good! The teacher had ask us to make this as authentic of a day as possible. Start with the costume for them, pack unprocessed lunch and they would re-enact the day. We have my Grandmothers butter pail that she said was used to take lunch to school and with much talking I packed it for Levi. The lunch was a challenge. He had a plain peanut butter sandwich wrapped in a cotton cloth a apple and three unpeeled carrots. On the way to school Joe slipped a piece of jerky in. I wrapped his belt around his books and sent him off to school. Everyone at school loved his look and wanted to know where I got it (goodwill)! He was excited!!



Later we got the dirt bikes out and Elijah took them for a spin. It has been so hot that you won't last long on one in the sun. We have not had to mow our grass in so long that the clover is up and beautiful. Elijah was off all week so him and William got to hang out at our pool. We have a routine on Thursdays that I pick Elijah up and get his allergy shots while Levi is in choir. Well we have been going so much that I get in the car line at school and don't figure out that I don't need to be there (BECAUSE HE IS ALREADY OUT OF SCHOOL) until everyone is almost out. I felt REALLY silly but I was stuck and had to drive by all of the teacher that must have known I have finally lost it! So I drove home, got him and off to the doctor we go.



The last day was only a half day and Elijah had to go back for choir after school because they were singing at the Legends ball game that night. One last practice and they were ready! They sounded great singing the National Anthem and then we got to watch the game with friends and eat funnel cakes and ice cream! Then off to another Birthday party for our friend Chris. It was late but we felt like we needed to show up.



Saturday we had another party to attend! My client/friend just moved to a new home and wanted to show it off. It was her friends birthday so once again we were off! We met some great people, got to ride the horses and see some sheep. Joe got an open invite to come and fish in the creek that runs beside there home and of course we could ride the horses anytime. Their neighbors have 4 kids ranging in age from 13 to 2. They were very outgoing and would get along with our kids great. We ended up staying long enough to have a bonfire even though one of the host goes to bed at 9. The birthday girl wanted us to stay and how can you pass up a good fire!



Now it's Sunday, the weekend before the big church fair. Now I'm not talking about just any fair, this is the biggest know fair next to the Bluegrass fair! So because it is so big they need LOTS of volunteers and we don't mind. So after church we stayed for 3 hours and helped unload for the rummage sale. I was completely exhausted because of the heat and had not dressed to stay, but it was fun! We ended up getting some tap shoes for Naomi,a tennis racket for Levi, a shadow box with a sea creature in it and some NICE cowboy hats for Joe and I. All for about $10. There are perks to helping out! We came home, Joe took a nap and because the kids were so great about being patient and helping I called some friends and invited them over for Naomi. Georgia couldn't come but invited us to the drive in to see SHREK the third. We have been wanting to see that since it came out but hadn't found the time now we had to make the time. It was so much fun! We got to watch that and Blades of Glory and got to spend time with our kids and friends too!



Not quite sure what's in store for us today but the pool is calling my name.



I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day! We have so much to be thankful for. We can never forget the past and all of the people that have served our country to make what it is today!
Elijah on the 23o. Seton choir
Naomi on Jeronamay with Vickie's nice.
Naomi, walking the sheep.

2 comments:

Dina said...

Kathy, it sounds like you guys had a great time!!! I hope you had fun at the pool and just relaxed!!! everytime I see pictures of your family and YARD , I wish I lived by you so we could come over :(

We will remember all those who gave us a safe place to do all these things!!!

Dianne said...

No wonder you haven't had time to come home for a visit. You are unbelievable busy! Did you work last week too? Slow down, you will be having nightmares. I loved reading about your adventures.