Sunday, April 22, 2007

A LOOK AROUND

I love the cover of phlox, we have close up pics that are awesome.

These pictures were to hard to pass up when I thought about our weekend. Saturday started out early so we had plenty of time to do what we wanted (and needed) to do. Joe had been wanting to work on the pond for a while but the weather has not cooperated. So with nothing on the agenda he set to work.


Of course I couldn't pass up being outside and enjoying the beautiful weather. There wasn't anything I could do to help Joe, and wanting to be outside with him I decided we needed to have a garage sale! I got rid of some of the kid stuff, hamster cages and various other things that were clogging the attic. The only thing that I would have kept were the arrow heads that Joe had made. I talked him into letting me put them in it. He wanted $2 a piece for them which for the time had in them, wasn't a bad price. Being a garage sale I knew no one would pay that and ask if he would take 50 cents for them. So, guess what was the big sale of the day. Some guy offered me $15 for all of them!!! We walked away from the day almost $65 richer, cleaned out our house, and got to spend time with the family!
I love to take pictures of our landscaping! It is always changing thanks to Joe's wonderful design. When I first bought the house we had the pines up by the house, the railing with the balls (I never can remember what those things are called) set in them and nothing else. As you can see in 9 years we have been busy. It is a labor of love, to grow such ever changing beauty for us and others to enjoy. The people that walk by tend to stop and tell us how much they like what we have done. I would have never done any thing like this if it wasn't for Joe and Mom encouraging me. I guess that's the good thing about life, live and learn. You can do anything if you want to bad enough.
Working on the pond, Naomi posing as usual :)
One of "the balls"
These miniature iris are so pretty, that's was prompted me to pull out the camera.

No comments: