Friday, April 13, 2007

SPECIAL DAYS

Better late than never. A saying that I have lived by most of my life (but have really tried to do better and be prompt). Some habits die harder than others. So, here it is. Easter morning..... Mom checking out Naomi's Easter basket. It looks like she is holding the flower petal but it is really a piece of candy corn. She was looking for the jelly beans but the Easter bunny cut back this year on the sugar. Sorry, Mom!
Levi fresh from the bed. He looks like he had a hard night, very cute indeed!






This is a pic of my best friend in the whole wide world!! For the last two years I have been able to take a trip to Atlanta by myself to visit her. This year, sad to say I wasn't able to go. We always enjoy being around each other even if we aren't doing anything, just spending time living. So when we figured out we would be in the same town at the same time a date was set. Well, because everyone wanted to see her and we had such little time I didn't get to really talk with her. So another visit is order for us.
In the little time we did have, she gave me two huge boxes of clothes and a spiritual tool box. Those of you who have read my older post have heard of those before! I felt like it was Christmas with all of the goodies. I now have a great new wardrobe and the tools to follow my dreams. (I'm still searching) :)


This is my new wardrobe. I can't wait for warmer weather!!!
MY TOOLBOX I tried several times to get a good picture of it and this was the best. If you click on it you can get a better look. The artwork is original and incorporates what the toolbox is about. Inside there are instructions, a rich velvet cloth, rune stone, soap, candles, oil, incense, seeds and endless possibilities. I am very impressed with her original idea and hope that everyone gets a chance to own one (or two).......The web-site is under construction but when It is available I will post it. I see this as something beautiful, a daily reminder that in order to receive you have to ask for what we need. I know we all get busy but when we surround ourselves with things that have meaning it brings it into perspective. This comes at a perfect time to celebrate living.

Last, I wanted to talk about the trip to my aunt and uncles house. I haven't seen them in over a year. My uncle has ALS and has been bed ridden for as long. My mom and dad have been doing everything they can to help and I felt like I needed to do something to. I have offered my hair cutting services before but my aunt finally took me up on it. I knew what to expect but It is always so sad to see your family in situations like this. I didn't know what to say to my uncle, I know he was in pain when we first got there and maybe didn't like all of the commotion. So I tried to stay in the background. I felt like I really helped my aunt feel better about herself even though she is tired and not herself. I can't imagine what life for her must be like....

I know she is a good person and will be rewarded in life. It may not feel like it now, she is only doing what comes natural. My uncle is so blessed to have the people he has care for him. My mom spends so many hours there I'm sure she has lost count. I pray that I will never need care like does but If I do, I hope I am blessed as well.

Time to close, so much comes to mind. Life is short, live like you were dying.

No comments: