Wednesday, September 26, 2007

THE DEER STAND and a few dog impersonators

This is going to be Joe's new home for a few days this winter. For some reason he is excited about it. After seeing the finished product, I'm not sure why. It must be the fact that he can get away from the messy house and wild kids, find peace in the woods and forget about all of his responsibilities for a while. For a moment there it was sounding pretty good to me too, but I think I need more than a little bench in a tree. It took longer than I thought it would to put up. He had the bench already assembled when we went into the woods so all we had to do was put the ladder together and strap it to the tree. That was harder than I thought it would be too, we could have used another set of hands. The kids were great though, they entertained themselves and Levi took pics when I told him to. I had to document this for future blackmail. See the black arm in the background around the 2nd step down on the ladder? I am holding on to two strings that are keeping it next to the tree. (That was the hard part).
Just to show you how high up it really was. It was hard to get a good perspective.
The kids entertaining themselves.
Taking turns. Aren't I a good mom? It's not a rope, so why not let them put the cord around their necks?? (Just kidding, I did stress the fact that it could kill them and not to do it anymore).
They were ready to eat dinner and spend the night. The messy house with no crazy kids sounds better all the time. Ya'll have a good time.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Looks like a good resting place.

When does deer season start?

Kathy said...

Mom-It starts in Nov. for gun season. Bow season has already begun. We wanted to go ahead and set it up while it wasn't cold out.

Dina said...

Hey, look at it, like your HIDING PLACE!! thats really cool. I want one!!