Thursday, September 20, 2007

FOLLOW UP TO TODAY, a week later

THE NUMBER SEVEN and the Bible.

The number seven = perfection, to explain;
the #4 represents the 4 elements which =earth
the #3 represents the trinity= the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit
You add 3+4=7, perfection

Christ spoke 7 last words before he died.

God made 7 days of the week.

There are 7 Sacraments.

There are 7 miracles in the Gospel of John.

There are 7 Virtues.

There are many references in the Bible to the #7, these are just a few. I hope to learn more in the following years as my children grow in their faith. Hopefully, I will be able to share some of it with you. I hope it was worth the wait.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Thanks for the refresher lesson.

Dina said...

okay, I'm going to sound like a moron...what are 7 SACREMENTS???!!!! WHAT IS A SACREMENT??

Kathy said...

No moron, I guess I should have specified in the Catholic Bible, which I know is a little different.

The definition of a sacrement is; In Christianity any of certain rites instituted by Jesus and believed to be means of grace: baptism, confirmation, the Eucharist, penance, holy orders, matrimony, and Anointing of the sick.

These are recognized by the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches. Other churches don't recognize all of them.

I hope this helps. I know not everyone believes the same, but I feel like knowlege is power. Use it to the best of your abilities.